Sunday, December 9, 2012
I'm hungry
I have just been looking on my pinterest for a few recipes to make in my new crock pot. I copied them into word documents and saved them on my desktop. I'm going to go get the ingredients when I get up. I got Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole, Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili, Mexican Chicken, and a pasta bake. The pasta bake isn't a crock pot recipe, but I figured I would make it anyway. It looks delicious. I typed all the ingredients I'll need into my memo app on my phone. I got a bunch of boxes from my storage unit today. I put them in the garage. I unpacked a box of kitchen things and some ornaments for my Christmas tree. I had a string of blue lights in the Christmas tote, but only half of the string is working. I'm going to have to take them to my mom's to check them out with Chris' bulb/string tester he bought. I put a few ornaments on the tree and the lit star on the top. Kota kept barking at something. It was about 02.30. I was getting kinda pissed. I don't need him waking everyone up. About 15 minutes minutes later (after Kota was barking off and on during that time) one of the men who live here came through the door. Kota barked some more and growled a little. I got a mini fridge for my room to keep my drinks and a couple snacks in. It's a bit loud. It doesn't seem that old. I had a much much older one that sounded the same way this one does. I will look at it today sometime to see if there is anything that I might be able to tighten to make it a bit more quiet. I fixed a shelf unit I broke a bit when I moved it into the house. The cam locks on the bottom shelf broke through the particle board. I had my foot under it so it wouldn't hit the concrete too hard. I got a couple 1x1x20 pieces of wood at the restore today and used the table saw in the garage to cut them to size. I used my drill to drill holes through the shelf and into the 1x1s so the screw wouldn't split the wood, and screwed them together. It worked well. The shelf unit is now next to my bed. At the restore, I also bought a wire shelf thing that is probably supposed to go on the inside of a pantry door. I put it in the back of my closet to use for extra bathroom items and other miscellaneous items. I took the closet doors down. I asked the home owner and he said that would be fine. I also put the shower head I had at the place I lived with Shirley. I missed it. I did a little organizing of my hardware and tools and then changed my bed sheets and took a nice, long, hot shower. It was nice. I talked to my grama today; she has been worried about me because I haven't talked to her in about three weeks or so. I feel bad for it. I have just not really wanted to talk on the phone to anyone really, if she texted me.. I would have probably responded. I don't really like talking on the phone. I saw something that said I should just change my voicemail message to hang up and text me on pinterest... it's very much me. I also heard a good voicemail message"I don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone" in a song. I like it too. The holidays are upon us. The last few years has become increasingly depressing. Family issues have made the holidays into a not so cheerful time for me. I used to spend Christmas Eve with my mom and my cousins and my grama and my aunt, passing around gifts to the residents of the long-term care facility where my mom and grama used to work. My grama would be Mrs. Claus and there would be a man playing Santa, my cousins and aunt would be their elves. We would go around to all the resident's rooms who couldn't/didn't want to go to the big multi-purpose room and give out candy canes and wish them a Merry Christmas. We would end up in the multi-purpose room and Mrs. Claus and Santa would call out the names on the gifts and the resident or their helper would raise their hand. The elves would take the gift to the resident to open. We would all stay after the festivities were over (except the Santa) to help clean up the wrapping and put everything back in order. Then, we would go around town looking at Christmas Lights. After driving around a while, we would go to a restaurant and have some hot chocolate and talk a while. When I still talked to my dad, we would then all go to his house to open gifts and have a snack and then go home. Christmas morning we would all get up and make and eat breakfast and then open gifts when my grama and aunt and cousins all got there. I would pass out all the gifts and stockings to everyone and take photos sometimes. Then I would open my gifts and help everyone clean up their wrapping and everything. Then we would sit around and talk and stuff. Then later that day we would go to my grama's for Christmas dinner and see more people in the family there, other aunts and uncles and cousins and such. We would usually play Po-ke-no for pennies and have a good ole' time. Now, my mom hates my grama, and my aunt hates my mom for hating my grama. No one gets along and everyone is upset when I leave to go to visit someone else. It's quite a frustrating and difficult time for me. Everyone wants me to be the middle man and tell this person that and give the other person this message. Don't leave yet. Do you have to leave already. Are you going to grama's house? When will you be back? The last couple years, I have kind of wanted to just stay at my place and not deal with any of them. Just rent a bunch of movies and order pizza and have an all day movie-a-thon. But, I don't know. I do dislike staying at my mom's; even being there for a short time like a couple hours or so is bad.. She and everyone else smokes in her house now. It makes me sick, I can't breathe, and no one cares. I feel disgusting when I'm there and Kota and everything I take into her house ends up smelling like smoke. I have to wash him and everything i took and wore there immediately when I get home and take a shower. Now that it's winter and cold, they also leave the door shut and it doesn't air out at all. So it's even worse. I don't really have anywhere else I can stay while I'm there. I could stay at my aunts, but the stench of animal urine and feces, and the bacteria growing in her unwashed dishes and everything else is worse than the smoke. Anyway. I'm going to try to make the best of everything as I can. We will see how it goes. I'm excited to get everything out of my storage unit. I'm hoping to get my desk today. I also need to pick up Kota poop and go to Target to exchange the polar bear ornament I bought for my mom; there is no glitter on one of the corners of its ear. I need to call T-mobile too to find out about what I want to do with the plan that Shirley was on. I'm hoping to not have to move for quite a while. I'm tired of moving. I have too much stuff. I was thinking about getting rid of most of it. I like my stuff, though. I mean... I didn't acquire the stuff I have because I didn't like it. I miss Griffin. I'm going to try to get a video of some of the Christmas lights around the neighborhood tonight and the new place I'm at. Probably take some photos or a video at my storage unit as well. That's all I can really think of right now... So, I'll be back later. I'm going to eat something and go to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment